As the 2015/16 academic comes to a close, the Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research celebrates a host of accomplishments. Among the highlights of the past academic year were the following:
1. Dr. Kristin Wilson was the FIRST EALR faculty member to be awarded a ZSEIFS “Year of South Africa” scholarship and spent almost three weeks in SA establishing a research network from mid-May through the first week of June.
2. Dr. Tom Stewart joined the EALR faculty in August 2015
3. Dr. Stacy Leggett accepted an appointment to EALR in August, with a January start date
4. Dr. Janet Hurt accepted a visiting faculty position with EALR Fall 2015 and was the successful candidate through a national search with a Fall 2016 start date
5. Dr. Jie Zhang achieved promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and was granted tenure, effective with the 2016/2017 academic year
6. Dr. Jie Zhang received the CEBS Faculty Award for Excellence for Research 2016
7. Dr. Gary Houchens was granted tenure, effective with the 2016/2017 academic year
8. Dr. Gary Houchens received the CEBS Faculty Award for Excellence for Student Advising 2016
9. Dr. Gary Houchens (PI) and Jie Zhang (Co-PI) were awarded an RCAP grant for research
10. Dr. Jie Zhang was awarded a QTAG grant to continue her work from the Spencer Foundation
11. Dr. Jim Berger received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the COABE conference Fall 2015
12. Dr. Kristin Wilson was the recipient of a Fulbright Flex Scholarship for a three-year research project at the University of Limpopo in South Africa
13. The EDAD program was one of 24 principal preparation programs of 700 nationally to be invited to submit a proposal for Wallace Grant Funding for the University Principal Preparation Initiative and was is a FINALIST for funding!
14. Dr. Kimberlee Everson was awarded a ZSEIFS “Year of South Korea” scholarship and will travel to South Korea for almost three weeks from mid-May through the first week of June
16. Dr. Jie Zhang was elected to the Board of Directors for CREATE – The Consortium for Research in Educational Assessment and Teaching Effectiveness
17. Dr. Margie DeSander was elected to the AERA Law and Education SIG Board of Directors as Secretary-Treasurer through Spring 2017.
We’ll be exploring each of these accomplishments in greater depth in follow up posts over the summer. Congratulations to all EALR faculty for an outstanding year!