EALR welcomes new faculty member, Dr. Tom Stewart

TomWKU’s Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research is pleased to welcome its newest faculty member, Dr. Tom Stewart.

Dr. Stewart is a veteran Kentucky educator and experienced university faculty member.  He will teach primarily in the school principal certification and supervisor of instruction programs.

A 2011 graduate of WKU’s Doctorate of Educational Leadership program, Dr. Stewart has taught elementary, middle, and high school students, served as a district instructional supervisor, and has worked for the Kentucky Department of Education as a Highly-Skilled Educator and Educational Recovery Leader.  He is also a former professor of education at Austin Peay State University.

Dr. Stewart regularly provides consulting and professional development services to area schools and districts, leads Diagnostic Reviews for AdvancED, and conducts qualitative research studies on the contemplative dimensions of teaching and school leadership.

“I am sincerely honored to be returning to my alma mater as a faculty member,” Dr. Stewart said.  “I look forward to continuing and extending my work with practicing school and school district leaders, as well as learning with my colleagues and aspiring school leaders at WKU.”