EALR Welcomes Dr. Amy Shutt as Co-Instructor

Amy Shutt
Dr. Amy Shutt, Principal of Burns Elementary School

The WKU Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, & Research is happy to welcome Dr. Amy Shutt, principal of Burns Elementary School (Daviess County Public Schools) to the EALR family.  This semester Dr. Shutt is serving as co-instructor for EDAD 640 (Introduction to School Leadership) and EDAD 641 (Building School Culture & Community) for Cohort II of the WKU Principal Certification Program.

Dr. Shutt is herself an alumna of WKU’s EALR program and holds a PhD in Educational Leadership from the University of Louisville.  Her dissertation research focused on school culture and she has worked closely with Dr. Chris Wagner, EALR transitional retiree and national expert on improving school culture.

Amy continues her duties as principal at Burns Elementary, where she has served for 11 years, while teaching at WKU.  She said the experience so far has been “like coming home.”

“As I came through the principal certification classes at WKU myself, the faculty there created a foundation for my leadership in schools,” she said.  “I hope to bring my own professional experiences to our graduate students that will equip them to be successful school leaders and keep their focus on what is best for students every day.”

Dr. Shutt partners with EALR associate professor Dr. Gary Houchens in working with the 37 members of Cohort II of the principal program this semester.

Your email address will not be published.