EALR bids farewell to Dr. Jill Cabrera

Jill-CabreraIt is with a heavy heart that the Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, & Research bids farewell to beloved faculty member Dr. Jill Cabrera.  Jill has accepted a faculty position at Delta State University in Cleveland, Mississippi.  A graduate of the University of Mississippi, she has deep ties that area.

Dr. Cabrera, a former Texas teacher and administrator, joined the faculty of WKU in 2011.  She played a key role in the launch of EALR’s recently-revised principal certification cohort, teaching classes and advising students in that program, served as an advisor and facilitator to a number of initiatives with the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative, and was involved in WKU’s Clinical Experiences in the Practice of Teaching (CEPT) grant.  Her contributions to the department, the college, and the wider educational community have been numerous.

Jill shared the following thoughts about her departure:

My experiences at WKU have been so positive, primarily because of the people I have met. Working with the students enrolled in the educational leadership programs has been a real highlight. I count myself fortunate to have served in EALR with dedicated, supportive colleagues who are continuously focused on improving education and preparation for graduate students. The opportunity to form partnerships with many educators in the region through collaboration with GRREC has also been a great experience.
As I move to another university nearer my family and loved ones, I feel blessed and enriched by the great opportunity I had to serve at WKU.

WKU EALR wishes Jill many blessings and great happiness in her future endeavors.

Your email address will not be published.