Summer means schools and districts are hiring new administrative positions, and as usual many alumni from WKU’s Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research have been appointed as principal, assistant principal, and to other leadership positions. Appointments include the following, and will be updated as new hires are announced:
- Adam Hatcher (Principal MAE, ’08), principal of Greenwood High School (Warren County Schools).
- David Carmichael (Principal Rank I, ’16), principal of Todd County Middle School.
- Jeremy Camron (Principal MAE, ’06), head teacher for the Owensboro Day Treatment Center.
- Josh Basham (Principal Rank I, ’18), principal of Grayson County’s Alternative Education Center.
- Josh Baldwin (Principal MAE, ’13), principal of Grayson County High School.
- William Sims (Principal Certification, ’17), assistant principal of Southern Pulaski Middle School.
- Kadi Ralston (Principal Certification, ’15), literacy grants coach and coordinator for the Christian County Schools.
- Jaxon Grover (Principal MAE, ’09; DPP Rank I, ’16), principal of Franklin-Simpson Middle School.
- Jimmy Felty (Principal Certification, ’17), principal of Morgantown Elementary School (Butler County Schools).
- Updated, 7/12/18: Joni Britt (Principal Rank I, ’14), principal of North Bullitt High School.
- Updated, 7/12/18: Christine Sherretz (Principal Certification, ’16), principal of Johnson Primary School, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina (U.S. Department of Defense).
- Updated, 7/20/18: Jonathan Devore (Principal Certification ’17), assistant principal, Barren County Middle School.
We will continue to update this post with additional hiring announcements as they become available. Please contact Dr. Gary Houchens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are aware of alumni news and we will share on social media.